Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Cheering up with berries.

Fruit, especially berries and citrus (the latter known as a natural anti-depressant) can really brighten your mood. It's that tartness that makes you force a smile! I made this very pretty salad today. It's peppery arugula, microgreens, basil, pomegranate seeds, and strawberries with just a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Poms are still in season and you can find some huge ones out there. Look at those beauties, it's jewelry for salad! I feel cheery indeed and cleansed. I think I have been depriving myself hence craving the bad 'treats", meaning wine and Nat Sherman's. I'm going back to any other crave when I want those two so bad: Frozen hot chocolate, Crown Burger, filet mignion, mousse cake at SL RoCo, whatever floats my boat (rootbeer that is). When I indulge in those I really need a little to satisfy. Okay sometimes I do suck down all 20 ounces of Hatch's frozen dark hot choc, but I don't get headaches or cough! I'm also pretty good at balance and moderation now, as well as eating/drinking shit-tons of raw greens. I also cut out cheese again and I think that's causing tantrums. However I am so grateful to have what I have and for everything that I am. I kinda beat myself up not working out in three whole days, but I can't because I did 20 calf lifts on the escalator today, and I had a nice hour-long walk. I'll do some kind of stretching at least tonight if I don't do Combat that just came in the mail, or kettle bells, or even hip hop with Shaun T.

Feeling 'brighter'. Eat some tart fruit!

SG

No comments:

Post a Comment