Total Pageviews

Monday, March 17, 2014

Im starting a book.

I’ll open a new blog called How To Really Quit Drinking. Today. On St. Patrick’s Day. How perfect! I expect at least 100,000 hits tomorrow. Also working on a full book. Believe you me, I am an expert now on quitting research, personally and professional articles. Thing is, if you followed ths blog from day one, I found a crapload of quit-smoking articles, books, and movies. Alcohol? AA. That was about it. This Atheist had to dig deep to find educational material on the effects of alcoholism. Don’t get me wrong, AA was exceedingly educational, I just wanted other outlets and honestly, scare tactics. With smoking you are bombarded by photos in ads  of people with holes in their throats, pictures on Truth.org with black lungs, rotting teeth, and mouth sores, and eve the Bodies touring exhibit has a black foot. Please one person tell me a PSA they’ve seen of a gross body part due to alcohol abuse. A fatty liver, please, or outrageous behavior in a bar. Seen those ads or commercials? Ah there are the crashed car due to drunk driving, yes. We do have that. And the threats of being arrested if you are under age or also driving, but are those as strong as the smoking ads? I quit both drinking and smoking at once, but it wasn’t easy. I have a plethora of personal experience in how I finally did it on my own and I can’t wait to share it with you.

On the anger book (never post stuff like this on FB by the way, I became very discouraged by my ‘friends’ who said they’d be happy to punch a stranger), well I’ll be blogging and working on that lso. Stay tuned!

Love,

SG

No comments:

Post a Comment