Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Well, I missed you!!

hello!

Day two, after a week here and a month there and a couple days there since October 31, 2014. I'm not beating myself up, I am just made the decision to be sober again after a year and some months thinking if I should have a glass of wine here and there or just quit overall. What is really best for me from my mind and my body really, is to quit completely. There is a book by Jason Vale that opened my eyes called kick the drink easily! That is a brilliant read if you are struggling with alcohol. Even after one drink (which has turned into four or five occasionally) I'll still feel guilty the next morning. I hated spending nine dollars to $15 on a glass of wine. And then thinking what it does to my body, I even get tired after one drink. Honestly now, I have a better sense of well-being being sober. I know I have flip-flopped, which is easy to do. Heck, it took me seven years to quit smoking! And I am well over two years quit now. Today's lesson is not beating yourself up, but keep going and know what you want in the long run. There than plenty nights where I think I would have more fun having a drink, or I want to relax. But really it's not worth it for me.

On a brighter note, I am doing yoga every day and I received Zumba workout in one of those subscription boxes which is totally over-the-top fun. I recommend you do some kind of fun exercise every day. And don't forget to do what you love meaning hobbies, dancing while cleaning, etc. I am now 123 pounds. Before I quit drinking in 2011 for the first time, I was 148.

Listen to your body. That is the key to having of the film life. Don't eat if you're not hungry, eat if you are. Put whole foods into your body. Yesterday I made a really good siba noodle and pork tenderloin salad, however I ended up having four servings in two hours. And now I feel a little sluggish and my eyes are slightly puffy. I can say for now I don't feel bad because HEY, I'm not drinking! But from here on out 90% of the time I will listen to my body for now which will turn into 100% hopefully in a month.

Peace, love, and no beating up!

~SG

1 comment:

  1. After Hours Cleaning Canberra Fixed Price Cleaning is Canberra’s easiest and highest quality cleaning service. Our streamlined cleaning service allows customers to confidently book in End of Lease cleaning and carpet cleaning online and at a time that suits. We are transparent in our pricing, meaning no unexpected costs and achieve the highest quality result by using the best machines, processes and by focusing on the tiniest details.

    ReplyDelete