Total Pageviews

Friday, February 17, 2012

Still getting over the flu.

My fever broke days ago but I'm still a little congested. What doesn't help: The mocha stracciatella gelato I had with my healthy home-made tomato and white bean soup. So that has to go in the trash. It put a brick in my stomach, and I had only about 1/3 a cup. No more bad sweets. This blog is about food and feeling. What does help: Green drink powder. I love Amazing Greens lemon-lime flavor.

I need new photos. Bandit is being quite photogenic the last two days. He acts like he's back to normal. He just has a wire in his jaw and a few less teeth. We go back to the vet next week to get looked at, but he's playing and rough housing with his toys. Good boy.

I also made a colorful blueberry breakfast smoothie this morning. Again, I'm sorry I didn't take a picture. But it looks berry-licious.

1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup 0% fat yogurt
1 cup water
1/3 cup raw oats
1 tbs honey
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp flax seeds
1 tsp maca powder
1/2 packet frozen acai (Sambazon)


It's filling and delicious. So is that soup! Here's the link:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/hearty-tomato-soup-with-lemon-and-rosemary-recipe/index.html


I did yoga this morning and Hip-Hop Abs yesterday. Through all that has happened I really want to get back into Insanity. I even ordered the next set of DVDs: The Asylum. The military drills in Insanity really get the tension out as well as blast belly fat. My lung capacity grows and I see my abs contract as I breathe. It's pretty sexy. At least for now with this cold the yoga, smoothies, and green drinks are helping incredibly with my mood. Go maca!

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment