Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 11, 2012

The 30-day challenge

On Beachbody.com; the creator of Insanity, Hip-Hop Abs, P90X, and others; I have a 'coach' and she started a virtual biggest loser-like challenge. About six of us girls are eating clean and doing a Beachbody workout for a month. If I was really determined then I'd finish the second half of Insanity, but I have way more fun and still sweat with Shaun T.'s Hip Hop videos. I am using weighted gloves and 5 pound weights instead of the 2-3 pounders they use in the video. Sometimes some of the dancers wear weighted gloves but they use those small weights too. So I will see if I'll get those abs in 30 days. I'm cutting out all dairy and processed foods. Today is day two and I had a hard-boiled egg, a grapefruit, and no-sugar granola in coconut water. I seared a tuna steak yesterday with watercress, had my token Shakeology from beachbody.com, sauteed mushrooms and baked sweet potato chips. Shaun T. likes his sweet potatoes. I have more fish and bay shrimp today, greens, and quinoa. I still have an iced coffee problem but that's the worst thing I'm consuming, either black or with almond milk and coconut sugar.

I feel great and happier. I may be addicted to exercise. I'll probably walk 20-30 minutes on the treadmill tonight to keep the endorphins up. I don't need substances to keep me high. Also on the agenda, painting for my class and friend, and guitar playin'. Since it's in the 60s today perhaps I sould take my walk outside!

Love,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment