Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Eating cleaner and appreciating what I have.

I just have the food here and not the clothes that I already have and need to appreciate. Food first, I am starting a 30-day challenge eating clean and doing Insanity Max starting on March 10, this Saturday. I did Insanity weight training upper body this morning to prep with a Shakeology smoothie (the DVD promotes this product which has all the supplements I put in my shakes) which I added blueberries. For lunch here I made a mixed green salad (spinach, chard, and kale) with grape tomatoes, avocado, red onion, and yellow bell pepper. I added lime juice, local honey vinegar, and lemon olive oil. I also had a hard boiled egg and star fruit. I did have a naughty little slice of Vinto pizza though with it. Hey the cleanse isn't for two more days. ;)

Appreciation next. I'm such a girl. I admit I had a shopping....problem?...substitution?...during this quit. Now, and especially since I have a big trip for a friend's wedding coming up in Kauai (!), I have to save my clams. For one, last night I found a pair of comfy James Perse lounge pants which I don't think I've worn at all after buying some Soleone ones online visiting my dad in CA last week. My step-mom and step-sis both had white comfy lounge outfits and I was craving. However lo and behold I HAD white comfy lounge pants!! Two, I was online last night (damn you online shopping, even though you have squashed many a wine crave) willing to buy a James Perse (terribly spendy buttery-soft cotton clothes) cami to go with my pants, then I...you guessed it...remembered my JP racerback tank in my closet that I got from step-mom for Christmas last year. What else is in there??? Holy crap. So I put said tank on and slept like a baby in my newly-discovered white James Perse snuggliness. Snuggliness isn't actually a word but it should be. So there you go. Shop in your closet and you never know what you don't think you have in there. Or something like that.

So uh-oh, I'm craving wine and cigs now and no shopping to do. I could eat more or do the iced coffee thing since the IC usually also squishes the craves and my challenge hasn't started yet. I could finish my friend's painting (AHA!), practice guitar, and work on my acrylic class painting which is from a portrait of my mother when she was 5 posing for my gramp's tire ad. Her birthday is later this month and she's going to freak! :-)


Shop in your closet, sell clothes you don't wear to a good consignment shop, and keep or make new hobbies.

Love,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment