Total Pageviews

Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 91







Woohoo! Three months tomorrow. Go me. I felt very angry this morning because of an event that my radio station did not show up at last Saturday. We had a table at this huge craft event which I was the main emcee at, and no one showed up. We got the spot for trade (and my volunteering as emcee) and I was so pissed that I sent a pic of the empty table to the manager and two of the DJs. However the event was pretty awesome and I had a blast. My mother was there, I got a few cute crafty things like this fabric necklace, and the live bands were fantastic. Then I started to try to be "Ms. Positive" this morning, that certainly didn't work. This sentence is partially covered by this photo. I didn't know what to do. I still don't, but what inspired me was to go home and do yoga. I got a really good Rodney Yee DVD through Netflix which worked out my core and legs. I'm also going to drop my chemistry class for Fall if I get into yoga teacher training. Yes! I don't know the demand for teachers or if I can be happy or successful starting a studio, but heck, I'll feel and look better, right? It will be forced medicine on my body. I'll learn more about meditation and breathing. I think it's right up my alley. Go me.

I made Giada's pea pesto with pistachios and cashews instead of parmesan, and it was still super-awesomeness. I put it on farmer's Market bread from Park Silly Market (that's me and a bear chillin' in PC) and topped it with tomato slices.

On a melancholic note, I noticed in the past few weeks that I'm in the land of meeting my ex's or friend's new girlfriends. Kinda sad and strange. But I'm keeping the chin up. I went to The Swell Season last night at Red Butte Gardens and it was the most beautiful, endearing, gut-wrenching concert I've ever been to. It was under the stars, I was with friends, and luckily they took a break whilst the band played "If You Want Me" to which I cried like a newborn. If you want a good freaking cry, go to a Swell Season show. Have you seen the movie "Once"? That's the band. ;)

Bon nuit,

~Smobergirl
Day 91
140 pounds
That's ten less than 91 days ago
Go me
Boys are dumb
So is community radio
No they're not
Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment