Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Great day so far!









For one, I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in about 4 weeks and I seriously took a double-take and checked to see the needle was at zero when I was off of it. Another ten pounds are gone! Off of me!! In another month! That's about 17 total. Holy crap. Had to throw that one in. The shakes are to blame, leading for me to cook more at home and eat less. Granted, on day 98 I ate 1/2 a round loaf of farmer's market bread and a wedge of cheese because I had that fierce wine craving out of nowhere, but I haven't done that in years and it really didn't seem to make an impact since I ate like a rabbit the rest of the day. I have hardly eaten any dairy either in the past month or so.

Then I had my last session with my holistic therapist. It was great until she asked me if I wanted to continue so she can help me start my own business helping others and I can make six-figures a year. Red light? I personally had a weird feeling about that. Yeah we all want to make a buck, but it was kind of a sad, sour note somehow. Know what I mean? I just want to have a new lifestyle, feel better, and help others if they ask....for free. But if someone offers money or lunch... ;) Oh no Giada is cooking with proscuitto again. This is an occasional weakness of mine. I actually have a Caputo's home made sausage in the fridge. Guilty. I had a European crave and got a baguette, the cheese wedge I mentioned earlier, green oives, and a 1/2 spicy cured sausage. But now I am a healthy hippie of course I had to have sliced tomato with it, to make myself feel better. I have about 4-5 slices "coins" of sausage at a time. I still have a good amount left. And I dip it in ground mustard. Hey, I'm half German! Lately I've been having the shakes for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and more of a snack for dinner like that. If I want something sweet later I'll have berries and/or Ani Phyo's raw puddings I make at home. It's water, cashews or almonds, dates, and cacao nibs or coconut in a blender. I noticed there is a lot of cashews in raw recipes. I'm eating all the raw nuts I want and apparently I lost a chunk of weight! Mind you they are raw, unsalted, un-oiled, un-roasted nuts. They iz gud 4 U.

Then I made this crazy salad I just made up. Quinoa, Green River melon, cucumber, tomato, cubed raw squash (I need more recipes for squash! Help!), balsamic vinegar, Ani Phyo's spiced cashews, celery salt, and cracked pepper. Pretty tasty. It all started last week when I made a cucumber melon salad with celery salt. It was so good I re-created it and made it with more sustenance to make a meal.

Art. I think the bakery wants my stuff next week so I'm cranking more out. The owner likes owls so that's what I'm doing! I love them. Having lots of fun.

Boots. I usually can't wait for Fall during August so I've been wearing my fake Doc Martins all week. More than likely I'll wear them tonight in the park for a concert. Do you also love this big hair dryer besides my Princess Leia buns? Thought so.

Can humans eat catnip? It's growing like a weed in my planter. Maybe I will dry it for the kitties when it gets cold. Brilliant!

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment