Total Pageviews

Friday, April 30, 2010

The joy of acid.

Feeling hopeful and on the path to eating much better. But even though I have my cold press at home, there is a joy of going out to a coffee shop with hot students and busy chess players, and getting my punchcard stamped. I had dry granola (Tree Hugger, my favorite) with fresh chuncks of mango and pineapple, and a hard boiled egg for breakfast. Feeling: Light but not quite energized. Could be smoking withdrawals. Lunch was 3 oz. salmon with yogurt dill sauce and caprese salad leftover from Cucina. Again I felt light and more awake. I saw an episode of "The Truth About Food" with Dr. Oz yesterday, and they proved that eating tomatoes every day decreased skin burning, but don't nix your sunscreen.

I have yet another new plan. They just keep coming! When I was little I would do anything for bribery. My mother taught me well. In the past few years I always wanted a Diane Fustenberg wrap dress. She invented the wrap dress in the 50s or 60s I think, and she still makes them. But they are insanely expensive. So maybe I can quit bingeing for sheer materialism. I spend $30 to $60 on a night binge, 2-3 times a week. A DVF dress usually starts at $350. So every other day starting today, I'm putting $40 away to be saved for the dress. And maybe I'll change my mind and save for a vacation. But I always wanted a classic DVF.

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment