Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 8, 2010

WHEW!

Holy crap that sucked! I have to thank my lucky stars for being stuck in Ogden tonight, or else I probably would have gone to a wine bar then brought a bottle home. I wanted it so badly. I told ya it's like a God damn light switch. I had to emcee a concert benefit at an all-ages venue and I had to be sober, for my own sake. Booze was offered in the back (shhh) but you know I'm only a high-end closet wino. So after I introduced the second band I found a baked potato place and that put the fire out, even though I had dinner two hours before. Copious amounts of food (and sometimes with water) seem to do that, put the fire out. I had my raw today so I didn't feel too much of a fatass. Plus I skipped the dairy on the potato. It was only a stinking potato...with "chili verde", processed chicken, and fresh herbs. It was kind of a fast-food looking place, like a potato-version of Subway, but it was fun while it lasted. And hey, I didn't drink.

I won the fight tonight. I made sure I had a non-alcoholic beverage (a Vitamin Water) on the train ride back to SLC, which kept me pacified. I took a hot bath and now I'm in bed listening to classical music. Like I said, I am a classy broad.

Bon nuit mon amis,

Smobergirl

1 comment: