Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 265



"One-hundert" more days until a year sober and smoke-free! I make fun of my grandmother there, who has this redneck accent since I can remember but she's one of the classiest ladies I know. She's from Idaho. Says "crick" instead of creek and all that jazz. I love and miss my grandma. She was an alcoholic until about three years ago when she had to stop drinking in order to be on a certain medication for her dementia, which also started about three years ago. She's 91 and still remembers her family, just not situations. Not too bad. Could be worse. She is a pretty rad lady.

The insomnia is passing. Cross your fingers.

Go to Tin Angel sometime before March 4, my art's in there. It's exciting. It all debuts tomorrow.

I have lost 30 (okay 28-30 come or go) p-p-p-pounds since May 17, 2010. I feel great. I got a new hat and funky hospital scrubs-colored nail polish in Arizona. Oh yeah, I went to Arizona. Happy happy, joy joy. Gourds and shopping and eating and a Bliss Spa massage and sun and didn't need to wine myself into submission. That? Forget about it, that's pomegranate juice diluted in water. It's one of the better juices for you, if you get the pure stuff w/o sugar. You don't need to get rid of wine glasses. Tried that, just drank wine in water glasses until I got new ones. Silly.

Yoga saves my butt all the time when I have a food, smoke, or wine craving. If I get irritable too, the asanas invigorate and relax me. Tonight I did a bunch of kundalini spinal bends. I like Maya's programs. I get them free on Discovery Health but she also has DVDs. www.mayaspace.com. I wanted wine so much in the last week. Then my brain turns on and fast-forwards to what the morning will look like if I give in. That seems to do the trick. :) I was on vacation with my mother for a gourd festival in Casa Grande, AZ. We stay in Scottsdale every year the first week of February and drive down for a day. She picks up gourds and supplies for her art. At night we go to a sports bar with good food and she gives me cash to shop around while she drinks wine and calls my step-dad. It's a bribe, yes. She is looking out for me.

I am tired. I better crash before I am stimulated by this darn laptop.

Love and be at peace in the snowfall tomorrow...if in UT!

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment