Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Doing great!







Oink. I passed the 9-month mark and celebrated by eating tons of processed carbs, desserts, and sodas. However I am still well-behaved (sorta) and never ate huge portions of anything (kinda). Right now I am focusing on avoiding white sugar, which I have definitely had my share of in the last week. Valentine's Day month has not helped! ;) Substitute: Raw Food Real World's chocolate oil recipe with coconut oil, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. It hardens when cooled, so it's perfect to dip fruit in. On V Day I made a ton of strawberries. They were incredible. I also covered blueberries and ate them with fat-free Greek yogurt, and made one of my favorite child hood desserts...chocolate frozen bananas!!! Yum! I have been making a fruit shake for breakfast the last few days, which I feel better about since I had a bread fest last night and last Saturday, the latter where I judged bands for the Utah Arts Fest all day and food was provided for us, but it was pastries and huge sandwiches from Caputo's. Don't get me wrong, I didn't complain at all, but I had too much fun eating the bad stuff. Today I went to a second-hand store with a friend for a crazy $10 for whatever you can fit into a bag sale at 10 am. I got these crazy 70's inspired high-waisted (not wasted) jeans that are 25's and FIT! Hold your applause. I actually got a lot of cute things, don't dis the thrift and second-hand stores. And that's the eco-friendly way to shop. Healthy materials are so freaking expensive, but I scored today and in my $10 bag I also stashed some new, Loomstate organic jeans. So it was a win-win situation for Smobergirl. I totally scored. Uptown Cheapskate said they'd do it again so keep your eyes and ears open. Iced coffee at 10:30, veggie and hummus baguette and mushroom soup at Tin Angel at 12:30, and now I'm just snacking on whatever needs to be eaten out of the fridge and pantry: 1/2 avocado with sea salt, 12 Thai cashews from Trader Joe's, 2 oz. salmon, 4 mozzerella balls, 1 grape tomato, and 1 oz. chocolate torte with some of those blueberries. Mmmmm. Drink: orange-infused water (slice oranges and put in a pitcher of water and chill) with a splash of 100% pomegranate juice.

I may walk the treadmill to relax. I've been doing hatha yoga all week, and I have a morning class tomorrow. I may paint more owl magnets (that's one up there) and practice guitar and French before bed. Sounds like a plan.

...2 hours later...

Got the geetar done and yoga. I am so happy I have a guitar. It's therapy to practice that thing. Every time I do, I have an "AHA" moment. I have been slacking, and I'm like, "Why?? This is so great and good for my healing soul". So yeah, gotta practice more often. I can do it and I can get so much better at it too. I did some crazy Brazilian carnival dance workout I recorded on the TV, "Dance & Be Fit", followed by "Namaste Yoga", another TV program. My timing is good, maybe I'll be in bed by 10:30.

Night and sweet dreams!

Smobergirl.
Day 278

No comments:

Post a Comment