Total Pageviews

Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 299


Woot. 66 days until a year quit! Really. Crazy awesome.

I am so paranoid it's ridiculous. I did just fine teaching today and just learned from the mistakes I did make. The teachers said my voice and personality were great. Yay. And I got a ton of compliments from the students. Except for one girl who said outright to my teaching partner that she loved it when my music was turned off, then her "head started spinning again" when it was turned back on, but I'm ignoring that. Frude, right? Who does that? Well I hated your music and loved it then the other student turned it off when she started teaching. I was petty peeved but that's another lesson: Just let these things go. Just let 'em go. Music can be touchy to practitioners. You either seem to love music when you do yoga, certain types, or no music at all. But that was just darnright not polite. Hey I'm a poet. Okay I have a confession. I can get really sensitive. I have another confession: Sometimes I think I'm six and like to play with little things like they are dolls, and I've always liked miniatures. I let that silly music comment get to me when I was trying to make the class fun. Today I got a nice package in the mail from my mom. She knows I love owls so she burned a tiny owl gourd for me, in a dipper gourd made into a candy dish, and shells with different potpourri. All of the sudden stuff came out and I cried my ass off (the little event triggered other stuff like loneliness and expectations of myself), then I was instantly pacified by playing with the gourd owl. The candy dish is his boat home, and he has a smaller felt boat to have adventures on. He finds different shells and sails around them. Then I was fine and 39-yrs. old again. Yeah I do that. Let's just say I'm creative. ;) Hey it made me feel better.

So life is great. This is the last weekend of teacher training then just the mentorship. I am stoked for the Baptiste assisting workshop in April/May which I so need, and for Wanderlust! Good times ahead.

Well good night. It's been a long day. Daylight saving is Sunday at 2 am so it doesn't hurt to hit the sack early.

Love,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment