Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Something's fishy, smelly, and delicious. It's me!




I need to do the detective work. I made Giada's fish sticks (it's been a while) and not as delicious as before. Actually they reminded me of an old grandma's old-fashioned salmon or a diner restaurant attached to a gas station ho hum salmon. It's hard to describe but I hope you get my gist. The crust and dips were phenominal, I just didn't like the fish. It didn't taste overcooked but the flavor was stinky and not in a good way. My favorite salmon is from Aquarius and it ain't from there. Lesson learned.

Then I had this fabulous bay shrimp salad. It's a must to pair bay shrimp with avocado. Delicious. I don't know why I don't get bay shrimps more often. The greens were from a farmer's market. Yum! I made a dressing of hazelnut oil, champagne vinegar, and lemon juice.

Speaking of fabulous, this fishy business all started Wednesday night when I decided to stop by Market Street Grill from PCTV to home and get some goodies. I also picked up an Alaskan crab leg (half the price of a nightly binge and slightly more than a pack of Nat Sherman's) that was the length of my arm. Like I said, WHY DON'T I DO THIS MORE OFTEN??? Bandit is also the luckiest kitty on the planet. They do bay shrimp and crab legs very well, I just wasn't impressed by the salmon. Maybe I waited too long?

Either way it was a fun week in healthy seafood.

Now that I have been smelling good (not talking about the salmon) for almost a year and 1/2 (talkin' about no smokey) I got Jo Malone's Orange Blossom perfume last winter, and today I got the new Angel Eau De Toilette, which is not as strong as the anise smelling Angel Eau De Parfum. My friend works at the Chanel counter at Nordstrom (oh to have friends in high places) so when they have an event I have to support her! :) I got some makeup and Angel. The latter has more bergamot (citrusy) so that's extremely mood-improving! I understand that essential oils by themselves may be healthier, but I'm not going to be stingy this time. I took my new BFF (my dental hygienist) and we had a fun girly time. I am so grateful to have a friend who gets me out of the house. On top of that, her friend who I know....from somewhere.....just asked me out to coffee. My new buddy is also on Match.com which inspired me to go back and I have another date lined up. Two dates in one week. Taking risks, being social, meeting guys. Life is good. Karma. Life really hasn't been better.

Love,

Smobergirl
Day 537

No comments:

Post a Comment