Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy Sober New Year!


I did have my share of chocolate though. Just now I tried to polish off a pot de creme (like a chocolate pudding) but since I had a smoothie and a salad, and it's January 1, I kept thinking how it would clog my body, so I stopped at three bites and tossed the rest.

New years make people want to start over, have a clean slate. This salad I made today is sweet, a little spicy, and has a lot of fiber!

Romaine mix
1/2 julienned pear
1/2 sliced fennel bulb
pomegranate seeds
1 Belgian endive
1 tsp honey vinegar (there's an amazing Utah-made one out there)
1/2 tablespoon chili olive oil
pistachios

This morning's shake was strawberry-banana, mainly so my new boy-frien' didn't have to suffer through a kale shake, and it looks really pretty!

6 hulled strawberries
1 banana
1/2 cup almond milk (I made mine)
1/2 cup ice
1 tsp flax
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tbs coconut oil

I feel great. Here's a homework assignment: Feel your body mentally after you eat something. I'm sad that I can't even eat 5 tiny white non-pareils because even those made my stomach sour, but it's a sign!

Love,

Smobergirl

Day 594 smoke and alcohol-free, minus one.

No comments:

Post a Comment