Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Heck Week ends tomorrow.

14 days! How hard can this be? Last night, that's what. I "had' to have my fix around 5:00 pm and I was squirming until 6:30. I wasn't hungry, I didn't want an iced coffee. I didn't want a second bath, to play guitar, to paint gift cards, none of it. I wanted my wine and I wanted it now. Then I was in my car, I pulled over, and I did alternate nostril breathing and reminded myself who I might hate-email next and the terrible hangover I'd have. Then I sighed and realized I wasn't going to die and I went home and took a bath. Then I made an iced coffee, snuggled with the cat, and caught up on American Idol. I also ate most of the wasabi macadamia nuts I got in Kauai. That crave totally was the most horrible thing ever, then I was okay.

The really funny thing is that I quit, once again, on May 17. Weird! I must really like Trent Reznor or something. (That's his birthday.)

I'm in bed with the kitty and everything is alright. I started a digital photography class this evening and I love it. I have always been interested in photography since the 90s but I never pursued it.

Life is pretty awesome.

Smobergirl

Day 13.

3 comments:

  1. I quit (again) about 2 1/2 weeks ago. The hardest part is the evenings! I used to get off work and love to go home and fuzz out with Samuel Adams or some other type of tasty beverage. Now I find myself twiddling my thumbs until bedtime and I'm not sure how to be productive in the evenings! Maybe I'll take up watching American Idol too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I only crave after 5! There's a ton of alternatives to twiddling your thumbs!! I live in a mall so I have a lot to do. But see what's around you or make the effort to drive if that's what you have to do! Go to an IMAX movie or a regular one. Sit at the counter at a cafe. Go to a late night coffee shop and bring your computer. CALL FRIENDS!!! Find something unique like a planetarium or museum. Go to a concert, big or small! Nature is so healing, an outdoor show or garden is fabulous! You can do this and never be bored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duh take a class like I am! Continuing education rules.

    ReplyDelete