Total Pageviews

Monday, September 13, 2010

The $1,095 denim jacket




I won this in May 2000 from Marie Claire magazine, and I could hardly lift my arms in it, and not even think about buttoning it. I won by sending in a postcard to "Win A Cover Look" they had each month. This was before online contests were invented. Janine Garafolo was on the cover wearing the winning outfit and makeup, and the one I have could be the one she wore for the magazine stated the jacket was a size 4. (I couldn't choose the size). I wore it a whole 2 times in 10 years mainly because the armholes were way too tight for me. But now I'm to the point that I can wear the thing out and actually move in it! About three years ago I wanted to sell it to a consignment shop, but I'd only get about $50-100 for it at the most. The brand is Celine, and yes, it's actually $1,095. So it's going nowhere. I had the rest but they are long gone: Hoop earrings by M&J Savitt, tank top, Gap jeans, and a years supply of Origins cosmetics and skincare. It's damn fun to win stuff. Especially if the clothes fit. ;) Hey if posting the cover here is not legal, could someone let me know so I could just post a link to it? I don't know how the legal jargon works.

Smobergirl
Day 120
4 months on Friday
P.S. I went to an unexpected AA meeting with a friend and it's what I needed. Not just the meeting, but the time with my buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment