Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Practicing Aloha

My favorite cafe in Maui was Mala's Ocean Tavern, and it was promoting a local book called "Practice Aloha" with local stories, and I think the message of peace overall. "Aloha" is not only saying hello/goodbye but according to the natives it's kind of like saying Namaste. I do feel a ton better today, and even though I didn't feel it last night, I did actually take a little aloha home with me. I had my shake:

1 large kale leaf
1 small Bosc pear
1 peach
1 TBS cocoa/maca powder
1 TBS flax seeds ground
Small knob of ginger
1/4 cup cold water
1 tsp chia seeds

Then I went to Liberty Park and in-line skated for about 30 minutes in the unusually warm-for-September Utah sun. It was lovely. I smelled the Great Salt Lake wafting in and I pretended I was still in Maui. Feeling good and even better than back on track. I feel pretty chill this morning. Going to give my cat-sitter friend her chocolate macadamia nut box and pick up the key. Then relax at home, mop, google health experts for my radio show on Tuesdays, then I have a yoga class at 4:15.

Aloha,

Smobergirl
Day 137

No comments:

Post a Comment