Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Steiff and Stuff









I seriously love my life. It's full of synchronicities, ironies, and miracles. I'm serious. Not drinking or smoking, I just had my first big cry since, oh, day 101 maybe? Now I'm reminiscing over good childhood travel memories. Watched a chick flick, "It's Complicated", which is so so funny. I love anything with Steve Martin in it, and I consider myself lucky to be able to see him play the banjo live at Red Butte Gardens this Summer. So after the movie my cat pooped in the bedroom again. That kitty in the window is not my cat. Then I cleaned it up. Then I laughed, then I bawled uncontrollably. Then I opened Pandora on the laptop I'm on now and punched in Rocket Empire. Then I saw a Geico ad on the right with "Caveman Mix". So I clicked on it. Then "Here Comes The Sun" came on, followed by "Imagine". The first gave me hope and seemed appropriate and the second reminded me of last weekend's yoga retreat. There's some pics I promised. On Friday during a break I walked up Main Street and said to myself, "How much is that kitty in the window?". I don't think it was for sale.

So after my stuff coming out session and poop cleaning I found this photo of my brother and I somewhere in Europe in 1979. I have quite a few of these. We were lucky enough to travel a lot. He still does. He gave me this bottle from Croatia a few years ago with lavender oil, which I used, and refilled it with some more local lavender oil. I treasure it. He's getting married in two Sundays and I'm in the party. Always a DJ never a bridesmaid...until two weeks from now. I am DJing a wedding this Sunday which will give me some spending money for Maui. Oh yeah, destination wedding! The mouse is a Steiff. My mother loves the brand, and used to give us small parrots and mice Steiffs. Well, she still does obviously! This one was in my Christmas stocking last year. His name is Peky. As you know I've been weepy and sentimental tonight so Peky and I are talking about the good ol' days. Here's a good quote, "These are the good ol' days" ~ Dr. Wayne Dyer

Well to bed, to bed, said Molly McGee. And we still don't know who Molly McGee is. I'll explain that one later. Okay I will now. My grandmother used to say that, actually she still might, every time we stay over there. It's hard to say "grandparents' house" when my gramps just passed a year and a half ago. He was 93 and had a fulfilling life. She'll be 91 this November. His sister is 101. Guess my bro and I have high expectations.

I have been thinking tonight that I think I'd love a writing job. I freelanced for City Weekly from 2006-2009. And I took a journalism class in 1989 in my first year of college, which my teacher told me I'd never make it as a writer. I forgot his name but it was at Chapman University in Orange, CA. If you know of anything, give me a heads up.

Good night my friends, Namaste. May the light in me honor the light in you. That's what namaste means. Now you know. ;)

~Smobergirl
Day 121

No comments:

Post a Comment