Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 18, 2010

I learned something new today.

Maybe it's me but I'm learning that most nice restaurants ain't all that and a bag of chips. The more I ate at home the more I notice too much salt, oil, cheese, cream, etc. at eateries if they're not Sage's, Vertical Diner, or Este. I'm sure I'm missing someone. And my 'deserved' $25 dinner could had been made at home healthier and just as tasty for much less. I'm not deliberately putting places down but if you want to be fit I recommend making your own stuff mostly. Yes it was fun while it lasted though, and I only ate a little bit of my savory shrimps and cactus. Yeah cactus! I liked it. I was just being really really overly observant. And I still want to be gorgeous for my bro's wedding in a week. It's Saturday night and I was like hey, I had oatmeal and celery all day, let's go out. Okay I had a bit more than that but still. And unless cacti are just as rare as truffles, I argue that the dish could have been more around the $17 price range.

#2 lesson: Beware of putting too much cayenne in your tea! Yeah I still have a little tickle in my throat so I made a Cold Care tea with agave, lemon juice, and too much cayenne. That was a spicy meatball! But I downed it and I secretly enjoyed the fire and I hope everything comes out okay in the end, if you know what I mean.

#3 Saving money by hardly eating out and buying cigs and booze is definitely a reward. I lost over 15 pounds, I feel so strong and energetic when I don't have this...whatever it is allergy-flu thingy. Losing weight is fun. I did find a modest-yet-sexy in an athletic kind of way tankini swim suit. The maillots were the 'support' kind and they make look nice but I want to breathe. I could hardly fit my arm through the size 8 one. So I have my polka-dot bikini and something to wear snorkeling. I am getting stoked! While at Nordy's I got fitted for a bra and I'm back to my 'yoga bod' size, a 34C. I'm nearing a 32, the sales lady said. I personally thought I still had 'fat arm' syndrome but isn't that the case. We always lose last what we want to lose the most? My shoulders are kickin' though and the arms will get there. I only did a gazillion push-ups tonight, 10 were triceps ones. I didn't have bra hangover at the fitting which was superb. Must..not...obsess..............


So Nordstrom's ended up having a breast cancer event today and the sales girl gets brownie points for fitting boobies. Also $2 of every bra went to the Susan G. Komen breast cancer foundation. I want to say that I hope that is the truth. I made my donation to Haiti long ago to find out that our government is holding on to trillions of dollars of our fundraised money. Haiti is not starting repairs right? Kinda scary if you ask me. Could someone more educated than me please explain this? So back to my boobs. I HAD to get two bras out of it and they are danged sexy. Such an ego boost. Boost, get it? And seriously, I really want to think that we are a caring, involved nation and we are holding this money for a good reason. Must..not...........

Well on the home-stretch to Hawaii. I'm DJing that wedding tomorrow and getting some spending cash. Woot. My token kitty-sitter stays at my place. It's her little vacation too when I go. We have a good system going on. And I promised her chocolate macadamia nuts.

~Smobergirl
125 days. Looks good! Divide that in 1/2 and add $30-70 for each of those days. I spent that and perhaps more on a cheap thrill that did not serve me. Now if I only did eating out to that, then I'd have a heart attack! It does feel great saving on the spendy eats though, even though I did miss it of course. Eating well has given me a new perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment