Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back in the SLC.

I arrived at 8:30-ish and I am having a healthy lunch at Sage's. I miss the beach already! Had an interesting morning with a yogi "test" of my emotions today. One guy on my connecting flight from LAX to SLC probably threw down the word "shit" to the person he was flying with, sounded like a business partner or maybe a friend, approximately 35 times in a 1 hour and 20 minute time span. I mean I find it hysterical now, but I was pretty groggy on the plane. More specifically, the phrase was "and all this/that shit". He looked like a Southern gentleman with an impressive white and blonde mustache that was about five inches long. I couldn't say so much for his repetitive explicit vocabulary. We were in the same row isle seats. He did stop talking to be mesmerized by my seated twists I decided to do after takeoff, so there was kind of a creep factor, but if I am going to get a yoga teacher certification I don't know if I should be thinking that way and just say curiosity factor.

Then there was my condo. It smelled and looked like a litter box. The kids are apparently extremely jealous of my trip. I washed two soiled bath towels and my Love Sac cover of cat mess. Then I took my sheepskin rug to the cleaners, again. Also cigarette butts were left in a pot with orchid bulbs I got for my birthday this Summer. I calmly removed them. I continued to remain calm and I'm going about my day. The lesson here is, I can yell at my cats or my cat-sitting friend, I could have bickered at the foul-mouthed Colonel Sanders or given him the evil eye. Right now I have been listening to an hour of Portishead at the cafe, for those of you familiar with that band they can become repetitively melancholic after a while. But through all that I learned through my yoga workshops I decided to do nothing. This is the difference between creating problems and being at peace: Sometimes it is best to do absolutely nothing. I mean yes clean up the cat poop and cig butts....but...you know. ;) You make the world go round. You create scenarios that effect people's lives. You can make or break someone's day.

Smobergirl
136

No comments:

Post a Comment