Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 200!




Yay. Over halfway to one year too. Doing well. Bandit obviously still loves the fountain. Don't be scared by slimy red thing on bread, it's only a roasted pepper. I just have odd feelings about Smokey's bod being in my freezer but it's only two more days. I am a big believer that it is only his body, and his soul is in kitty heaven. Boy do I miss him though of course. I guess I have been suppressing some feelings. But would it make it better if I freaked out? If I rushed him to the vet one more time when he was just lying all glazy-eyed two days ago would he had made it much longer? I don't want to be a what-iffer. Right now I am being accepting. It doesn't mean it hurts any less. Bandit is here for moral support. Yeah I painted that cherry. I have two potential art showings coming up but I may have to make a duplicate of that one. It looks too good in my living room. ;)

I am not drinking. Yeah.....Antabuse is preventing that, but I went to a lovely event tonight with a good friend who knows I quit drinking, so I could not do it in front of her if I wasn't taking the drug anyway. In fact, a lot of people know about my sobriety now. It's cool actually. More people are accepting it than I thought. So this gig we went to, and I found a solution to buying pretty clothes on the cheap, was a fashion show at Beehive Tearoom put on by vintage shop Misc. (200 E. 272 S. downtown SLC) and we got these smokin' robes. Like? I encourage you to partake in Holiday Stroll tomorrow night from 6-9 pm. and check out the shop as well as the stores on 300 South that night. Art Access on 500 West and 230 South will also have the Chow Truck handy. www.chowtruck.com and www.accessart.org

I made a bruschetta with a roasted red pepper slice (Courtesy of the Vegas Trader Joe's. Thanks Mom!) for a snack today. Breakfast was oatmeal and Teechino. Then at Beehive oh I am not the role model today! Two scones with jam, six baby tea sandwiches laden with cream cheese, 1 1/2 shortbreads and a bite of this chocolate mousse cake. Oh and a lot of tea. At least that's healthy. I think my 'time O'month' is coming back. It's been over a month since I've been off the Depo. I sure wanted copious amounts of sugar. There was a table with a wine bottle spread, and yeah it sure looked good, but I wasn't hurting at all. The tea was plenty satisfying, and the robe and a belt purchase. Let me pimp Misc. some more. The prices are dirt dirt dirty cheap! And the clothes are stinkin cute. My robe still has the Vanity Fair label in it. And all the clothes looked like they were from the 40s-60s. I didn't really appreciate the shop until I went to the fashion show. Some of my friends were in it too. It was a fun night. Got my mind off of the Smokester for a while. Well, burial time is Saturday at noon. It should be very nice. It will probably be right by a tree. In the meantime go get yourself a nice velour robe. They're $20, that's a bottle of wine right there. And I get to keep it, it doesn't go wasted. Ha ha, wasted.


Day 200
Smobergirl

1 comment:

  1. Yay, indeed! It's sad that the milestone comes with Smokey's passing, but maybe both will lead to a celebration of life. May your heart grow ever stronger!

    ReplyDelete