Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Feeling good!






It's either the guava juice or the fact that I just watched "Get Him To The Greek" that's making me giddy. There was also a part in the movie where Aldous Snow (the rock star) announces on VH1 that he's 6 months sober. It was awesome. It's really awesome. I feel pretty cool right now. If you are thinking of quitting a bad habit, just do it now. The first three days are usually the worst. Eat everything you want for a month, or if you want to quit overeating, shop and watch all the funny movies with craploads of mineral water that you want. Month three is hard. Month 6 is easy. I'll be 8 months sober and smober (smoke-free according to Quitnet) on January 17. I feel pretty damn good. Look how skeeny I got. No more bullfrog chin. No more Homer face tummy. Bandit's not breathing my smoke. I don't wake up throwing away the bottle and pack in disgust, saying, "never again". No hangovers, no hate facebooking or emailing. I just feel good. Guava is my favorite thing in the world, and this Spring I found a juice not made with sugar or corn syrup. Something about the smell is intoxicating. Maybe I'll go on a guava juice fast.

Like my Christmas jams? Paul Frank is my homeboy.

I'll do the sans coffee starting on the first. It's happening. Dr. Oz says I'll lose 10 pounds if I switch from coffee to tea because the acid in coffee raises your cortisol levels, the stress hormone, and somehow that increases fat, apparently. But I don't necessarily want to lose more, I'm doing it for my mood. Earlier today after glass #2 of iced coffee I started getting irritable. I didn't like that so much. I know coffee is published as beneficial, but so is wine. And I want to see if tea makes me feel better. Honestly I think it tastes better.

Okay night. Sweet dreams and happy bunnies and all that stuff. Oh yeah a boy who I've been crushing on for three years just asked me out. That could be it.

Smobergirl
Day 225 I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment