Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Insticts.



I was going to call this post "Battlescar Galactica", but the main point tonight is about trusting my instincts. People may say, "that's just life" but I'm going to absolutely trust my gut from here on out.

I thought it was an omen when a friend of mine called at midnight and said she had to get rid of her cat. Her landlord saw the cat after a few months and said no pets. Then this voice in my head immediately said "don't do it". She said it was a 1 yr. old tabby. If I were to get Bandit another playmate I would personally prefer a kitten, or I love those Sphynx hairless cats. I kinda had my own master plan. I didn't feel right getting another right away. Smokey passed about two and a half weeks ago. However I thought well I can help my friend out and take her in, even though it wasn't necessarily my best interest. I even got her a stuffed animal cat to keep her company because she sounded sad. So I get home, and Bandit attacks this poor kitty while I'm holding it, and Bandito is one of the friendliest cats I know. They both go tumbling down on the floor and have this hissing match for five minutes, then I put him in the bedroom. I called my friend back and said it wasn't working. I could had seen if they'd calm down in a day, a week, two weeks; but I and definitely Bandit were not ready. So I took the darling tabby back. She scratched his eye, and you can see what happened to my knees. But when I was alone before and after the situation she was an outright angel. I really liked her and if I didn't have another cat it would have been perfect. However I didn't want to do it in the first place and I am going to follow my instincts from here on out. An experiment I have been meaning to to for quite some time.

So I'm in bed and The Bandit is back to normal. I blotted his head with a little water. I didn't wipe my knees which maybe I should. But I didn't drink! Seven months on Friday.

Breakfast: Oats with passionfruit juice, maca, chia, flax, pomegranate, and walnuts.

Lunch: Shredded brussels sprouts with quinoa, Caputo's amazing truffle mushroom spread, hazelnuts, and yellow tomato. Sea Salt and cracked pepper.

Dinner: Cafe Rio salad. Black beans, lettuce, guacamole, rice, lime, cilantro.

Snack: Five macadamia nuts.

I did pretty well today, and I had, besides the evening, a really happy day. Mood=good. Knees and eye will heal.

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment