Total Pageviews

Monday, July 18, 2011

Always a good start.

I can't tell you enough how my day will be different depending if I work out first thing in the morning or not. I've made everything seem hunky dory or the most part I think, but the truth is I feel a big difference in my mind. If I don't work out even for a few days I'll feel depressed and crave more.

I did a Rodney Yee DVD today and I think there's a reason why he's the #1 yogi for the consumer. He's not too hard, good looking, does yoga on the beach, and has a really nice baritone voice. When I feel too lazy or tired, his DVDs are perfect (or Namaste Yoga but that's a different company) because they are more relaxing and shorter than my usual 75 minute Baptiste vinyasa sweat fest. Yee also walks 20 minutes a day so that's what got me going on the treadmill. Speaking of walking...

I have a European lifestyle testimony. I walked about three to seven hours a day on the trip. Then I did some strength training on the boat. I ate two gelatos a day, pasta, baguettes, pizza and lost weight in my chest, belly, arms, and legs. My thighs are stronger and I can hold them up higher and longer in yoga poses. All over the Mediterranean I saw a ton of bicyclers, in-line skaters, and walkers. Having a car is actually considered a luxury, so I hear.

After yoga I had non-fat yogurt with oats, dried cranberries, and buckwheat. I made almond milk and put it in a 10 ounce iced coffee.

Sometimes if I'm too lazy I'll play an episode of Namaste or "Total Body Sculpt With Gilad" and I'll watch it for a bit then start doing the workout after about 5 minutes.

I mentally feel much better than I would have not working out. It sets the tone for the day.

Smobergirl
14 months yesterday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment