Total Pageviews

Friday, July 15, 2011

Setting the tone.




I could get used to this waking up at 6 am. routine. It's jet-lag, but I don't know if it will stick. Perhaps if I keep going to bed between 8:30 and 10. Also the consistency of sun salutes and stretching is paying off. I had tons of energy when I woke up, and made this acai/berry/kale smoothie:

3 kale leaves
1/2 cup frozen blueberries and blackberries
1 cup water
1 frozen acai smoothie packet (I love these. Easy to find at Sunflower or Whole Foods)
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp flax seeds
1 scoop chocolate hemp powder
1 scoop awesome (j/k)

Then I did yoga and dance stretches, along with pilates scissors. I kept wanting to go go go. I'm also watching recorded shows of Giada's Weekend Getaways. Bermuda, Maui, Cabo, ahhh....

Potty talk time. Woo! After 30 minutes or so drinking the smoothie (I also had a glass of water upon waking) I had a nice, smooth, bowel movement. Golden banana! Ew! Well, that's healthy. If you don't go it could be trouble.

The lesson today is when you go to bed early and sober, you wake up to mornings like mine, and I set a great tone for the day. It's like that Multi-Grain commercial. If you start eating right, one good behavior will lead to another. I remember my wino days that wasted so much potential, sleeping in, sleeping all day, forgetting at work, not working out, craving salty foods. It was just one bad snowball. Don't be a dirty snowball. ;)

Love,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment