Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Coffee and Dr. Oz


Oof, and emotional eating. This is why I don't like to buy bread. It's always in my kitchen calling my name. I just had some with spicy hummus after I ate the chocolate. I never learn from my blogs. j/k. I did have an emotional day in my head. Now I know better. I hope...

Before I forget I have to talk about the coffee dilemma, which I've been meaning to for months now but I keep forgetting to. I think I'll finally make the tea switch, I'm ready. Didn't I say a long time ago ago that I got a Dr. Oz email saying that one can lose 10 pounds from making the switch because coffee has acids which trigger cortisol levels? I could have sworn I did. So I want to experiment. Geez why did I get that yummy local bread round from Park Silly Market? Because it told me that everything was going to be alright. Ha. At least I have a Zumba class in the morning, kale in the fridge, and Insanity should be here no later than Tuesday.

I have some coffee in the pantry, which I could make into a shower scrub:

DIY Coffee Grounds Body Scrub
5 tsp. ground coffee (used coffee grounds are fine)
1 tsp. sugar or salt
2 tsp. essential oil (the site below recommends avocado but I may try olive oil)

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/diy-coffee-body-scrub.html#ixzz1V3tzegKx

I think I'll try that tonight and wash my hair-spray heavy head. I did the Bjork buns yesterday for Craft Lake City. You know I was pretty darned cute. Bets are all on PMS. I have to show you the photo of me trying on a crocheted bikini top made by my friend who wants to lend me a space for yoga classes! I can't believe I haven't told you that story. Coincidence, karma, call it what you will. It's a godsend! My friends keep asking where I teach (nowhere publicly) and when my next class is. I hope to get them out there. I think it will be amazing. I actually sure hope so anyway. You know when I called my AA friend tonight, he also said he started meditation nights to help others out. He told me why don't I do the same to get out of my own head and start helping others? Hmmm.

Okay now that I want to shower Bandit decides to finally snuggle with me on the couch. I did go to a pet adoption today. Do you want another buddy like Smokey or do you like being man of the house now? Only if I spoke Bandit.

So it's on. I'm done with coffee. I don't care if it's the bread or PMS talking. It makes me feel icky and irritable sometimes and what if it is actually producing cortisol and making me more squishy? We'll soon find out!

Smobergirl

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh you sound so much like me sometimes!! I've been thinking I need to quit drinking coffee or I'm going to die. But I'm still working on quitting the booze and smoking first so thanks for your awesome blog (very inspirational). Have you ever listened to a podcast called "The Mental Illness Happy Hour"? It's great for making you feel like you are not crazy thinking some of the things you do. I just love it and highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete