Total Pageviews

Monday, August 29, 2011

A good day.

It's been an incredible day for my mind and soul, throw my body in there too. I learned a lot about addiction just by having guests on today who sell local green tea products. They gave me a kit that's supposedly will fix everything: stress, anxiety, allergies, help with focus, arthritis, aid with cancer, I could go on and on. It may sound like malarky but it's excellent timing because you know I am trying my dangedest to switch from coffee to tea like for forever. So I opened up to them and talked about my alcohol and cig quit, and I'm on this health kick anyway, and maybe their product will be beneficial, especially now that coffee, not cigarettes and alcohol, is my last hurdle now. These two men who created the product (www.theemperorstea.com) of course talked about the benefits of this particular loose leaf green tea and one of them is a doctor who uses nanotechnology for the kit which they call their Rejuvenation System. We'll see. It may sound like a candidate for a cheesy informercial product, and I can be more skeptical than the average person but I have it in my hands, and like I said before, I'm more than willing to be a guinea pig for you.

And speaking of, the Insanity is working. It's been only two weeks and I'm already seeing a slighter definition in my arms and torso, and my butt is rounder thanks very much. My friend who co-owns a local cafe does it and she lost a lot of weight and looks amazingly tight. She did P90X before, but she likes this better because it's shorter and it flies by. Again, I hope you don't think I'm getting on the informercial bandwagon here. I'm not here to sell anything nor do I work for these companies. I just want to be healthy and I am willing to experiment. Mainly because I have a lot of free time, nothing to lose, and I have been sad and lonely. The workout has yoga in it and is making me more flexible already, and I am influenced to do more yoga after the workout and on my off days. I gave myself a foot massage tonight from a reflexology video and did a bunch of yoga hip openers, screaming in pain. Yes it was a good day! I so needed to do that. Now I feel all loosey goosey in the hippage. It also calmed my mind, and the more I take care of myself the less I want to give into the craves. I still have them, but #1 the Antabuse is saving me, and #2 the craves go away, per the usual, after about 5 minutes. I also witnessed a friend's drunk behavior last Saturday night, and he could have been on something else too. He threatened a bouncer at a club that he had a gun in his bag, and six police cars arrived soon after. There was no gun, but depressingly my friend, who I met and haven't seen since two years ago doing business with him, was not in his right mind. I hate to keep in check because of his tragedy, but it absolutely did. Despite that I am growing and becoming healthier and happier, and the good luck seems to keep coming. More on that later because...

...I am beat and need to crash, but I'm still making smoothies (kale, flat leaf parsely, grapefruit, currents, and acai this morning) and I'm getting off the dairy wagon again soon but I got on the lean meat one. Still experimenting. I still eat grains and lots of raw food. I made an amazing watermelon, radish, arugula, and watercress salad today for lunch. Then I had a pork chop with local tomatoes and tomatillo salsa at the aforementioned cafe. There could have been butter and blue cheese in it, my apologies. Emotional eating took place there. I also got off the ice cream truck. I will dearly miss it. I caught myself eating more and more sweets, and I don't want that to snowball. Again, all from emotions.

Sweet dreams,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment