Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Um, what should I call this...




I'm Still Doing Insanity, or I gained 10 pounds!, or I'm becoming calmer, or, Why Didn't I do strenuous cardio Before? One of those is an appropriate title. You can't do Insanity or any other crazy workout and eat whatever you want, lesson learned. No more dessert, I have to make my own raw versions at home. Plus frozen bananas make a creamy alternative when blended. The Insanity workouts (I'm on day 16) are being effective and they make me feel good. My abs feel stronger, my butt is already getting rounder (awesome!), and my wish is coming true slowly for toned arms. HOWEVER, I gained ten, count 'em, ten pounds. Please tell me part of this is muscle. I did notice more love handlage and bigger thighs. I feel like my body is at an awkward stage, like growing out your hair. Did I say that already before? Well I have been ODing on the ice cream and sweets, not to mention a few frappuccinos and frozen hot chocolates. I'm a cheater I admit it! It's gotta be Summer cuz I'm craving wine so badly that I just go to the sugar. And with all of those gelatos in Europe, I just couldn't stop when I got home. Actually I'm watching Giada At Home right now and she's making a healthy frozen treat out of fruit and honey, that's it. You can substitute and they can be just as good or better then junk food. I also have been eating 'bad' comfort food lately. The workouts make me not hungry at all then ravenous. I need a balance. Insanity does have a cook book that I perhaps should be following. It's five, clean, small meals a day. They are pretty small, now I sound like a grouch. I should dabble in these at least. Because I'm an emotional kind of gal, I do like eating out. When I went vegan a few years ago for lent, I was looking really good. But I was only doing yoga. But I still looked great. I may have to dabble in that also, and when I do eat out I'll probably stick to the vegan cafe's like I did that lent (even though I am not Catholic, it's a great idea), even though Vinto is calling my name right now. I need a balance, and only eat what makes me feel good. That is this blog's game plan you know, and changing the way I think about food, how you should change your perspective as well I believe. What is the food doing to you? What is it doing to your skin? How does it make you feel? Food is not our enemy but our energy. Hey I just made that one up! The worst thing I probably ate during this experiment (or cheating) was the chocolate chipotle bread, even local, that I ate too much of and made myself feel icky. I truly believe that dough makes you doughy!

From starting a regular workout I have been slacking on most everything else. Who do I want to be? I haven't practiced guitar in three weeks and I have a lesson tomorrow. When I play it I feel calm, serene, and it's a great meditation. I'm still waiting on that TV show potential, and I just need to wait for an answer. In the meantime I'm working out and I'll lose the junk so I can look good if I get it. Coffee? That's a struggle still. I'm drinking that local reparative tea and I think it's helping my allergies. What else can I stop procrastinating on? Art, yoga routine writing. I want to keep flowing, listening to my heart, and following instincts too.

Back to food. Look how gorgeous this salad is! I definitely had my fruit fix today. It's lemon spinach, watercress, and romaine with currants, tomatoes, avocado, cantaloupe, pineapple, and watermelon with honey vinegar, grape seed oil, hemp seeds, and cracked sea salt. Get a melon baller! It's too much fun. :) For breakfast I made a creamy smoothie of banana, blueberries, vanilla whey powder, ice, filtered water, maca, flax, and chia. I am still hungry and I'll just eat more often today. Or eat until I am satisfied but try to eat better.

I am taking Antabuse every other day again to stretch it out. I like the tea, it may be more calming than the maca. Again it's a Utah business called The Emperor's Tea.

Smobergirl

Day 471

1 comment:

  1. You look great and so does your food! I know too much about sweating the small stuff and obsessing over how I look...no need for you to go down that road. And yes...once I started lifting I got all...round everywhere, but I felt great. I didn't realize how great I felt though until I fell off the wagon, lost my muscle, and was like wtf where my curves?! So now I try to stay on the wagon as much as I can. Why do us girls care so damn much? I guess my answer to that is...it keeps me feeling good about myself which in turn keeps me happy. Us foodies gotta find SOME way to cure our indulgent and gourmet cravings while not stuffing our faces...and I wanna eat everything you make so I would say you are spot on!

    ReplyDelete