Total Pageviews

Friday, August 26, 2011

Smobriety is great!








Especially since SLC is having bad air quality. My lungs already feel gross. It's sad, but it could be much worse if I were smoking.

Well I've had no coffee today so far. I made a fantastic iced tea with Tea Forte's Raspberry Nectar. It tastes like Jell-O. I added local honey, frozen raspberries, and lemon slices.

My mood has been improving, especially since I have a full-time media job potential, I hung out with yogini girl friends last night, and I'm having dinner at a friend's house tonight and he's a really good cook.

I continue Insanity day 10 tomorrow. Today is a yoga break for me. I'm supposed to do a Cardio Recovery DVD, which I did last week, but my yoga gal pals do yoga instead. I'm already noticing more shoulder, bicep, and tricep tone, and I see more definition in my abs already. Last week was brutal though trying to walk. It burns, it burns in the calves!

Oh man, a lesson in not buying junk food! I had to get $20 at the BBQ place yesterday for the Groupon, and a friend of mine surprisingly works there! He said the jerky was amazing. Uh oh. It was local and without additives, etc, and my junkie mind just went for it. And it has jalepenos. My yoga teachers would be so disappointed. Jerky is a childhood past time and I have a hard time eating it in moderation. My brother and I would eat a huge can each during boating trips on Lake Powell (P.S. Powellpolooza is mid-September!). However, I am trying to pay attention how my body feels on food and a much as I want to clean the entire bag right now, I had about 5 medium slices. Maybe six. I feel the effects of the salt I think in my eyes a bit and I'm a little sleepy, but man it was good. I had a pineapple-cilantro-coconut smoothie for breakfast and zucchini noodles with cashew 'alfredo' and endive spears I made for lunch. Then My tall, hot blonde friend is making Indian tonight. :)

Pineapple-Cilantro shake with a coco twist:

1/4 pineapple, 1 small buch cilantro, 1 cup coconut water, 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 persian cucumber, 1 cup ice, 1 tsp maca, chia, and flax.

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment