Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 27, 2012

5:15

The past two mornings I've been waking up at exactly 5:15. Yesterday I went to a friend's hot yoga class at 6:00 and she and I were the only ones, we had a great time giggling and sweating. I realize that I need to make goals for cleaning up my act. A friend yesterday brought up my last drunk post, which was Saturday on the social network, and that made my last half of the day miserable. However waking up at 5:15 again made me smile and my hopes are up once again. No yoga at 6 for I was dog tired all day about two hours after the 'private session' with my friend. After this I'll try to go back to sleep. I got another stone Buddha to go with the one I got for my birthday in 2010 and that makes me serene as well.

Goals: I have the annual Arizona trip with my mom on the first week of February. I only have four instant iced coffee packs left and I either tossed or gave away holiday treats containing sugar that I have received. Shards of glass! (see Dr. Oz) I set my alarm for 8:30 and I'll make a smoothie of pineapple, coconut oil, banana, romaine, spinach, maca, and chia seeds. You know a spoonful of chia can tie you over until your next meal. Apples are also fantastic for that. The exercise goal is to mix up my workout for a month. I have my kettle bell and Ballet Beautiful DVDs, yoga, five spinning passes, and I think that should do it. Fruit for breakfast, soup and salad for lunch, veggies, fish, and grains for dinner. No sugar, switching to the boatloads of tea I have in the pantry (for Christmas I even got a tea strainer to-go mug and a cast iron tea pot), no dairy, and no processed food including bread. Alcohol is sugar and don't let me go into what is in cigarettes. I can't turn a blind eye anymore and this blog is not serving it's purpose. I'm also sick of being a broken record and beating myself up because I haven't been successful and not a good role model. Well, I'm trying. Hey it's early ;) The point is working out works and eating better helps maintain my goals. When you drink crap you also tend to eat crap. When I work out I don't even think about smoking. It's gotten to the point where I'll have to work out 5-6 days a week. But hey is that bad? Not only food can improve your mood but a good workout can make you elated! Even though I was sleepy all day, I was calm and focused yesterday because I went to hot yoga at freaking 6 am.

Love,

SG

Day five

No comments:

Post a Comment