Total Pageviews

Friday, December 21, 2012

It's not like it's the end of the world

I slipped. The crazy thing is that I called the pharmacy yesterday afternoon, with cigs and wine in my car, ordering a prescription refill of Antabuse to pick up today. I took my first pill this morning. Again, I didn't want to spend the $153 but I have to. I have to.

I also officially became a non-perfectionist as of today. I discovered the website Goop and there's a nice blog on there about perfectionism. There was also a nice pair of $99 yoga leggings I had to have on the site because Gwyneth Paltrow designed them. Sucker. I also had another wake up call exchanging Christmas presents with a friend. Being blunt but a true friend, she told me that I speak very eloquently in general but I have 'stage fright' on the air, which I have been kicking myself for 20 years about that. Why? Why can't I just snap out of it and sound perfect (aha) ? It's like the 'deer in the headlights' switch turns on automatically. I really don't suck (that much) and we all make mistakes. I have heard some of the best make complete train wrecks. I think it's because I was teased at my first job and I can't let that feeling go, but I will now. The end of the world is a good place to start, which some folks believe that the end of the Mayan Calendar means new beginnings. So there ya go. Lesson learned, and I do have some of the best friends and family around. And some cute new leggings coming my way. Hey it's basically two binge nights' worth of cash there.

Love,

SG

No comments:

Post a Comment