Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Letting go

Notice a pattern? Oh I'm a month clean. Woot! So, about 15 years ago I was diagnosed with mild anxiety. I've always been on my toes about worrying about just about everything since I was six. However now I have this fun, relaxing life. I have another media job that is extremely lenient which is rare and the other jobs are fun and I'm in control. So how come I still have this nagging voice in the back of my head of worry and alarm? Am I conditioned? Do I blame the past jobs which had me chewing on my nails? It's not the same anymore, and I need to learn how to enjoy life and relax once and for all. What I need to keep up is eating calming foods, maybe limit the caffeine or eliminate it, and keep up the hot yoga. Maybe get a massage. Keep playing with el gato. Watch funnier movies. You know I have this love/hate thing with my iced coffee, well more love but I hope it's not interfering, that's why I have experimented with nixing it for a month and I did feel better. Oh what's a girl to do? ;)

It's a dreary cloudy day, which I secretly like. I just wish we'd get more snow. Breakfast: water, iced coffee, and sesame Ezekiel toast with avocado and pink salt. I have a strawberry, banana, and kiwi smoothie in the fridge from yesterday. Feeling much better. I have eliminated dairy 95%. I am back to eating salmon which feels nice. Tons of salads still. My new thing is sprouts on everything, bitter green salads, and nut pate wraps in romaine. I'm still the romaine and butter lettuce, and endive, wrap queen. Endive makes an excellent cracker and chip substitute. My only downfall besides coffee maybe now is the chocolates from the new Trader Joe's that just opened. TJ's! The good thing is that they have fruits and veg you can't find anywhere else. I got a bag of mini sweet potatoes which I baked last weekend and they were caramelly and amazing. Just a little coconut oil and sea salt are delicious on those.

Just one crave but luckily I had TJ's (like that segue?) dark chocolate salted turbinado sugar almonds on hand. Don't get near the dark chocolate ginger cookies either. Pure kryptonite. Anything but smokin' and drinkin'!


SG

One month and two days

No comments:

Post a Comment