Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 30, 2012

bad influence

At least I'm not.....and.....


Eating a plate of bacon, in bed, sharing with the cat, and it's WONDERFUL.

To each his own when it comes to overcoming a bad habit. I'll say now I blame the holidays, but maybe it's the best time so you can indulge in sweets, ham, and other indulgences instead of cigarettes and alcohol. When I first succeeded in a 6-month quit in 2002 which really didn't seem to be a big deal, what helped me was one frapuccino with whip a night for a week. Everyone is different. I know that alcohol is full of sugar and carbs so I immediately want the sweet stuff, and salt to counter-act the sugar I guess. During my big 1-year-ish quit in 2010-11 I first gained five pounds (Two dinners per night, anyone?) then two months to six later I lost a total of 30. When you quit smoking it is normal to gain 5, and only five folks. So don't worry that you'll become obese if you quit smoking. Just be wise in the long-term. I became the smoothie queen after I quit. That really helped my mind, my weight, and my esteem. Mmmm....bacon. Yeah like drinking a week ago, the excuse that I'd stop next year, I'm going pescotarian/vegan in 2013 so I gorged on the last four bacon strips. Cheat before the NY. For the record I sopped up the crap out of my griddle with paper towels while the strips were cooking, then patted them down with more on a plate. "Mopping" up is very smart, especially on pizza. I'm also exercising like a MF. What happened was is that Trader Joe's opened late November, and this month I ran into a package of their apple wood-smoked bacon and my auto pilot just grabbed it.  I had no control honestly. It's been sitting in the fridge for week and I couldn't let it go bad! You know it will be strawberry smoothies tomorrow. I think I'll try to make a visually non-puke colored one tomorrow and do strawberry, orange, acai, chia, and maca. Mmmmm. I also obeyed my 'good with the bad' rule tonight and drank 2 glasses of lemon-cucumber water after the bacon.

I still feel more bonded with my family. My father called tonight. My annual AZ trip with my mom is in a month, and then I visit Dad in Cali before April. Life is good and I am blessed. And bacon twice a year won't kill ya. It's the holidays. Even my idols say indulge!

Love,

SG

Hell Week is over.


No comments:

Post a Comment