Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Evolving.



Day 340. What 25 days until a year? :) I can't believe it. I have also changed so much in what seems like little time. Maybe it has been almost a year.

To each his own. I say in the long run if you are happy don't change a thing. Well okay I'm a believer in not stopping learning and constantly improving myself. The wino phase was like a construction site that never got worked on, but I strived to evolve in other aspects in my life like yoga and radio performance. Tonight I stumbled on an old friend's FB and since 1987 he has not changed physically, meaning he was an 80's new waver gothic back then. Let's just say a recent photo was in the night club Area 51's DJ booth which I thought for a sec was 25 years old. I think he is a vampire. All kidding aside, I hope he is living his perfect life. I am getting close to mine.

I don't want to stop learning, changing, and experimenting. I have decided to add weights and more vigorous cardio with my yoga routine. I just went to my fourth Zumba class and sweat buckets, preceded by tri-sets of weights in my exercise room and ab work. I know this is vain, but after seeing my pasty and doughy (even though it's smaller) bod from a current photo shoot of me doing yoga poses, I got a self-tanner. I'll let you know how that goes. And during that I still am going gung-ho on the weights. If I want my arms to look thinner and toned, well then I must tone them. I'm still reading Tosca Reno and eating more whole foods, with the exception of Crab Cooker oyster cracker balls. Damn you baby brother who brought them back from Newport Beach!!! Just kidding. I personally requested them. Bad girl. I am enjoying one crunchy sourdough moment after another. I just make sure raw fruits and veg are along for the ride. I want to change, but I don't regret savoring moments from my going-to-The-Crab-Cooker visits when I was a kid. Or making an occasional grilled cheese sandwich. This one is on spelt bread with sliced apples, dijon, Vegenaise, crumbled pecans, and goat cheddar. It's my version of fast food. Tosca's 'fast food' list was mostly snack food but looked better than cracker balls: Veggies dipped in hummus, peanut butter on apple slices, and berries with plain yogurt. I'm currently reading one of her books on the Kindle. I did make an outrageous shake today. I call it the Oh My Darlin' energy booster:

3 peeled clementines
3 kale leaves
1/2 cucumber
1 cup 'spa water' (water that's had lemon and cuke slices floating in the pitcher)
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp ground flax seeds
1 tsp hemp seeds
1 scoop green powder

It's spectacular. The citrus almost cancels out the green taste, and it tastes so fresh! ...because it is.

Love,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment