Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Comfort Zones

I jumped into my iced coffee this morning and I felt...gross. It was right in my fridge and so easy to grab and suck down. Then I manned up, did sun salutations, side bends, and 20 push-ups; then blended this up, even though I was whining a bit that it would take some labor even though my stomach felt sour:

1 bunch kale
3 big strawberries
5 blackberries
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup no-fat Greek yogurt
1 scoop vanilla whey powder
1 tsp ground flax seeds
1 tsp hemp seeds
1 cup water

Then I felt like ahhhhhhh. The lemony smell, fresh greens, and I felt my muscles popping out already. Okay not really. I will say this, after one week of lifting and dancing around like a Zumba fool, I look and feel even better. I feel tighter already. What I did was a lot of crunches in different ways (bicycle, lower crunches, standing lunge crunches, boat pose), 3 days of tri-sets ( 3 exercises back-to-back with 3 sets each of 12 reps) yoga, walking, and dance. I had fun doing it all too. I'm even taking a resistance band on my trip. I am going to a yoga assist workshop through the weekend. I miss Bandito already. This class will make me more confident to teach, and I always love meeting new yoga peeps.

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment