Total Pageviews

Friday, September 2, 2011

The condimentrum


I'm a big foodie, and you know I had an ice cream problem all Summer, but I am starting to minimize. I don't want to eat lentils all day, or egg whites and naked chicken breasts. I want to eat clean and feel gourmet at the same time. I ate no dairy yesterday, and today I am using no or tiny amounts of sea salt (naked egg white for breakfast with a smoothie instead of the usual waterfall of ground sea salt) a tablespoon of marinade instead of a 1/2 cup, and 'forking' dressing on my salad. I realized a little goes a long way, and I can actually taste my food! Ha ha. Remember that commercial "Don't Drown Your Food"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfEG15CLTqo&feature=related

Inspired from Melngalis' book I made a smoothie with coconut water, pineapple, orange, ginger, kale, flax, hemp, chia, maca, and gooseberries. I got a bunch of currants and gooseberries from the farmer's market so I'm trying to use them up quickly. I also had one egg white like I mentioned. For lunch I made Di Laurentis' arugula and grilled fruit salad without the grilling part, my grill pans are in the washer. I think the salad is great either way, and I sprinkled on some hemp seeds. They are crunchy, and a great compliment to just about any salad. I also had zucchini 'noodles' with marinated portabello (1 tablespoon Bragg's aminos, chopped garlic, and chopped ginger), avocado, and yellow tomato.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/everyday-italian/arugula-salad-with-grilled-fruit-recipe/index.html

I taught yoga and did Zumba yesterday and muscled through the thigh-burning Insanity Cardio Recovery and finished with yoga today. I definitely want more water since I started the program 18 days ago. I can't believe it's been that long already. Yeah, I look better. I gained 5 and not 10 pounds (scale wasn't set right) and the manual said not to rely on the scale. So there. But I'm still trying to eliminate dairy again or minimize it. I still am on the coffee, but I'm drinking less. I know that issue has not been resolved yet. My arms and legs are toning up, and my abs are already looking better. I feel my 'top' looks bulkier, growing out stage? Bigger shoulders? Uh, the copious amounts of cold creamy desserts? I still feel confident and I just feel good after I finish the DVDs, Zumba, and yoga. I'm thrilled that Insanity has yoga moves in each workout. I have a dance background and want more fun sometimes, so I bought Shaun T's (the Insanity dude) Hip Hop Abs. I know I'm on the infomercial wagon.

Smobergirl
Day 473

No comments:

Post a Comment