Total Pageviews

Monday, November 29, 2010

Brrrrrrrr!!!!!!!








Okay I'm being dramatic. I love Winter, when I'm looking at it from inside somewhere warm. I am thankful I have this cozy condo, as well as a car with butt warmers. Like the braids? A buddy of mine said she does pigtails to get her hair out of the way of bulky sweaters and coats. Good idea. When I actually put effort into doing my hair I think of an article I read in a quit smoking brochure, "Other things to do besides smoking: Create a different hairstyle every day!". So there you go. And since it's a bit damp it should look...interesting when I take the braids out. It's a Russian Roulette hairstyle, sometimes it turns out great and sometimes frightening. :)

So Bandit attempted to sit outside for a second. He lasted about three minutes. Smokey...I am just so relieved. I know he can go any day now but he is happy. He is damn happy just to sleep and eat and be pet and poop and drink out of a kitty fountain and lay down a lot. He's a scraggly old man but he's my scraggly old man, and perhaps the sweetest. I am cherishing every moment I am with him. Bandit is being cool. He minds his own business but once in a while he just smells him and walks away. It's kinda cute.

I am thankful for a plethora of things in life. For one, that word, and two, living within blocks of Caputo's Market and Deli. There was a hella storm yesterday all stinking day. I was running out of food so I made a trip and got Tony's freshly made marinara, and some mushroom ravioli, aaaand some fresh herbage. It's a beautiful market, you should check it out. Oh and the deli is pretty spectacular too. I am so spoiled. My little Subie made it to the store and back just fine, on a Sunday afternoon. Thanks Caputo's for being open on Sunday! The only person I don't have a Christmas present for (yes, during the whole Smokey thing I didn't drink, but I managed to buy everyone's Christmas in two weeks) is my dad. Of course. And now he quit drinking the signature bottle of red is out of the question. But you know, there's more thoughtful things I can do, like a Caputo's gift basket. Ha ha really, I am thinking of giving to charity and putting it in his name. I just want to make sure I pick a ligit and good one. Maybe there's something local?

Well my braids and I are going to finish pinecone ornaments and my mom's Anteater Russian dolls. She always had a thing for ant eaters. I got the plain dolls online but I'm sure most craft stores would carry them.

Oatmeal with chopped green apple, chia, flax, walnuts, and honey for breakfast. Ravioli, mushrooms and peas for lunch. I just threw frozen peas and shrooms in a skillet.

Smobergirl
Day 196

No comments:

Post a Comment