Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 189...being thankful.

Day 200 (which is a big deal to the quit-smoking site Quitnet.com) is 11 days away. I find myself thankful for many things tonight. I just pulled up the covers on this snowy day and I am grateful not only to have a bed and a roof but for the beautiful nature we have. It's also a full moon tonight and it looked gorgeous above the East Salt Lake mountains. I have a picture from 1980 of the snow on a tree in my back yard that I am using as a bookmark for the Bhagavad Gita. I am thankful that we can choose our emotions. I am thankful for coincidences and synchronicities. I am more than grateful for my cats, my tinsel tree I've had for six years that I just put up with all my Hello Kitty and owl ornaments, as well as the pinecones I decorated. I am not ashamed of my HK collection. It keeps me young. I am thankful for loving parents and a kick-ass brother even though he doesn't know it. I am thankful for my health and yoga practice, which have been so beneficial. My skin looks great and I caught myself bending awkwardly with no effort into the depths of my pantry today. I'm like, "How cool am I?" Wish I had a photo. I am thankful for my soft sheets and heater, the chantarelle and portobello mushrooms I had for dinner and the popcorn while watching the newest episode of Dexter. I am thankful for Michael C. Hall. I am thankful for the investing tips my brother doesn't know he's given me. I watch him then use his examples. I am thankful for my aunt and uncle who give me a $50 check for Christmas and birthdays even though I may see them only once a year. I love that I get to play music at weddings and events for good pay. I am thankful for forgiveness and the act of being able to change for the better, and I can't be more thankful for the outcome.

Love and peace,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment