Total Pageviews

Friday, November 12, 2010

Smokin' Joe he know.





Smokey had a near-death experience two days ago. His white blood cells sky-rocketed, the vet said it could be the big "C" word. He has spent the last two days on a catheter and IV at the vet. Then it got better and worse this morning. The cell count went down but then he got a fever and had a hard time breathing at the vet. Then...when I picked him up at 6 tonight he was actually moving, perky even, glassy eyes and sunken cheeks disappeared. He is now under the bed where he belongs. He has the IV in still with fluid running under his skin. He's eating like a horse. The doc does want him back in for one more day at least, then I'll probably play nurse on Sunday. However I am prepared for anything, he is an old man, and I become more comfortable with death the more I experience or almost experience it. If he died, I would not smoke or drink. I have come to the point where I know it won't make me feel any better. I still can't anyway on the Antabuse. I have a month left then I will probably renew for another six months. I haven't had a craving in weeks but I want insurance. Plus my new vice is honey, and honey pecan gelato from Ciao Bella. So back to Smokey. I got that phrase "Smokin' Joe he know" from a song called "Green Mind" by 90s band Dink. It's a one-hit wonder. So one of his nicknames I have for him is Smokey Joe He Know. Strange nickname, I know. He's still smokin' for now. I'll keep you posted.

Smobergirl
Day 180 in less than two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment