Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Best night ever!


I just DJed a wedding for eight and a half hours. I drove home from Heber in a snowstorm. I didn't get fed so at 1:30 am I had the brilliant idea to get chicken and waffles at Bayleaf and share them with Bandit. Best night ever. I was 'supposed' to stay up at the Homestead in Heber where the wedding was, but I got a wild hair and wanted to come home to my kitteh. I didn't starve, actually. I had a shrimp and a bite-sized artichoke tart and 2 bottles of water and I was cool. I was very busy, juggling a mix of salsa, country, and hip hop; but it worked. And the cutest kids ever hung around and checked out my 'cool' laptop. That was worth it! I actually was going to die at 11:59 when it finally ended (I started at 3:30), and I lugged my equipment back into my car by myself when everyone disappeared to the afterparty (DJ not invited). The wedding started an hour late. That meant an extra hour of socializing, meaning an extra hour of me playing cocktail music, before the wedding, dinner, and dancing music. There was a miscommunication with the bride and I made a few nit-picky mistakes. She smiled the whole time but I hope deep down I didn't ruin her night. It was the first time that I seemed to disappoint the bride and the groom at a gig. I was concerned. Okay I wasn't the happiest camper, so that's why I wanted to go home. I'm going to bed with my makeup on now. Okay maybe not. At least I got paid, and didn't die on the road. I didn't think it was supposed to snow today, but it is beautiful in the valley. Kids, don't drive on the road at 12:30 am down a scary canyon, mmmmmkay?

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment