Total Pageviews

Monday, June 6, 2011

Bikinis!



I sure feel more comfortable in them now. The cool thing about going on a cruise is wearing wild swimwear and hopefully no one will snicker. If they do, they don't know you anyway. It's like you're in a movie and you are a glamorous star in your fancy bikini. Well that's how I'm gonna act. Wine and cig money went to a gold one from Express (about $28 total on sale online) and a crazy neon pink one from Armani Exchange, also on sale, and around $30. Yeah, there are bottoms too! :) I'm the swim bargain hunter. No one in their right mind should pay triple digits for little triangles. :)

I feel awesome. The arms are getting tighter. I'm more confident. Diet's good. I just made an interesting concoction of mixed brown rice, marinara, and cooked egg whites on top with basil and red pepper flake. It was pretty good. Then I cooked some sweet potato baked fries. I'm still drinking plenty of water.

I'm watching a PBS program with Dr. Neal Barnard called Kick Start Your Health. He's talking about if you avoid animal fat and cholesterol then your arteries will open up, and it doesn't matter how old you are. He even said to avoid fish because about 15% is omega 3s but the rest of the fat is saturated. Hmm. Need to do research. This also includes dairy. In a nutshell he advocates a vegan diet. He also advises to quit smoking and avoid aluminum. No sugar. I talked to a girlfriend the other day and she suggested to rename my blog "My own guinea pig". The diet I felt the greatest on was vegan. I felt more energized, lost weight, felt lighter. Saved money.

Smobergirl

Day 385

No comments:

Post a Comment