Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 386


Workout: 20 minutes fast walk on the treadmill, biceps, back (pulled resistance band on my back door), and yoga.

Lunch: I had a salad at Trio that was so pretty I can't believe I didn't take a picture! Mixed greens with oranges, beets, and pistachios. Side of Mediterranean olives.

Speaking of the Mediterranean, I leave in two weeks! I ran into a friend today who just got back from Spain and he gave me some great tips and made me even more exited.

I got a birthday coupon for Cactus and Tropicals, so I got a small orchid to go with my other one, which I got about two months ago with another coupon. I was really hungry two hours after lunch, and Reno eats about every 2, so I had a hard-boiled egg and oats, buckwheat groats, honey, maca, and chia seeds in coconut water.

David Rocco's DOlce Vita is an Italian cooking show on Cooking Channel. He made two simple orange salads I want to try:

Orange Salad With Oregano

4 oranges
20 kalamata olives
1/4 cup/58 ml extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Dried oregano

Slice the skin off each orange, removing both the peel and white skin or pith. Coarsely chop the oranges. Place the chopped oranges and olives in a salad bowl. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano. Toss well and serve.

Orange Salad With Anchovies

4 oranges
10 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
1 red onion, chopped
20 kalamata olives
Bunch fresh basil leaves, torn
1/4 cup/58 ml extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Slice the skin off each orange, removing both the peel and the white skin or pith. Coarsely chop the oranges and reserve the juices. Place the chopped oranges, orange juice, anchovies, onion, olives, and basil leaves in a salad bowl. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss well and serve.

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment