Total Pageviews

Friday, June 3, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes

So this clean-eating is working, and I'm not missing anything. I don't want any alcohol and like Reno says, it's all sugar anyway and not part of clean-eating. Clean eating is cutting out all processed foods, white flour/breads/rice, sugar, sugar substitutes, alcohol, too much salt, and anti-foods like chemicals and stuff you basically can't pronounce or identify. For lunch with my girlfriend I had a soba noodle salad with leafy greens, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, tempeh, and red onion. It may have been too salty for the diet so I drank extra water. I also had a tea of echinacea, lemongrass, and dandelion (the liver tonic ingredient). For a snack I had the rest of my morning smoothie. What I WANTED was the chocolate chocolate chip vegan cookie in my pantry. I had the smoothie instead, and like my other craves, I forgot about the cookie after 5 minutes. Honestly some vegan baked goods have put a pit in my stomach. It's all about mind control, and little changes. Like pasta...

I discovered 'zucchini noodles' about 6 years ago and you can use a vegetable peeler or a spiral slicer. For a super-easy meal you can use a jar of marinara or pesto, or make a healthy pasta sauce. Some raw books have an 'alfredo' using cashews. I like the texture of the zucchini as noodles, and I don't miss the dough.

It's also about paying attention to what the food is doing to your body. I want to eat for energy and feel good. I also want to look good, not just my shape but the condition of my skin.

Speaking of snacks, stay tuned when I make Sunny Anderson's (from Food Network) MANGO ON A STICK!

Rock 'N Roll,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment