Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

B-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r!

My heat is getting wonky again (not working) so I thank my lucky stars for my fake fireplace which blows hot air under a lightbulb flame. It has ambience. I thought it was cheesy at first but now I thank my lucky stars that I have a back up. It is a cutie actually.

Fried food=bad. I should know this. The black bean egg rolls and freshly cut steak fries I had for lunch were delicious but heavy and now I need a nap. No excuses! Wine and mint cigarettes are also tasty eh? I know to make better choices. I know it's freezing but I can make eggs, oatmeal, steamed veggies, hot grains, and tea. I'm thinking more and more about what food does to my body. The thought of fried food and carbon going into my temple is now gross, and I threw the rest away. No mas. I also have great substitutes for sugar sweets and I'll keep making those. That would be fruit with honey, smoothies, raw pudding, and raw nut cream. I made an almond frangipane last weekend and it's amazing. All it is is almonds, water, raw honey, and vanilla extract. It's a great sub for whipped cream or a light pudding. Yum!

I just need to tackle the holiday temptations. I have a great recipe for a healthy pumpkin smoothie but I just bought 2 packages of pumpkin spice instant coffee with sugar. Baby steps, and the fried food is outta here at least, so is most breads and cheeses except for goat. Something about eating chewy gobs of rubber grosses me out now. What is that doing to my body? I'm sticking to whole food now more than ever. The egg roll just threw me over the edge I guess.

Love,

SG

Day 11

No comments:

Post a Comment