Total Pageviews

Monday, November 5, 2012

Working out works

I did a killer kickboxing DVD today and it relieved so many ailments: tightness, anxiety, anger, worry, low self-esteem, and depression. It was Amy Bento, who kicked my ass royally, something I desperately needed. There were also a few dance elements which I appreciated with my dance background and knowing that's all Madonna does is dance. Well that and yoga, at least she used to do tons of yoga.

I didn't eat this in the dark, the flash was on. I have a great cook in the family who used this recipe from The Pioneer Woman. It's a corn cake lettuce wrap, I don't know the exact name for it and it looked way prettier when she made it. I had left overs today and threw things in the lettuce. It's pretty amazing though. I had a kale, plum, pomegranate, and apple smoothie this morning with a little oatmeal, and a hard-boiled egg for a snack. Need that protein for all of those punches.

On day one I didn't want to barf so I did a gentle yoga routine at home, Rodney Yee's hip opening sequence. Funny entertainment is also therapeutic, and after watching SNL with the fam I went to 7 Psychopaths with a friend the next day, day two. Day three here and the Antabuse is keeping me out of trouble. I got a sexy black outfit in the mail from an LNA coupon and I tell you that is confidence-boosting. Pics coming soon. I picked up a $116 check from the consignment shop and I'll see if there's anything else I don't wear or doesn't make me feel awesome. The goal now is only wear clothes that I feel flattering in. No excuses that you need a significant other to wear sexy anything, under things included!

Recap: Exercise, laughing, feeling sexy. This is my pathway out of smoking and drinking. There will be a day where I'll get off the Antabuse and I need a backup plan. Plus my mood is already skyrocketing at day three. Well I did have two months, before then six months, and before then a year smober also within the last two years, but you get the gist.

Love,

SG

Day three

No comments:

Post a Comment