Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Learning to love good food, or listen to reality.

I've been on this whipped cream and Vinto gelato kick all week, thinking 'well it's not cigs nor alcohol', along with eating chewy home made breads and artisan cheese. Then I had some blackberries today. I was thirsty for them! They were the best blackberries I've ever had even though they were the few five left over from two weeks ago. I scarfed up a kale salad. I felt so refreshed and rewarded making an apple, mint, spinach, cucumber, and celery smoothie this morning. Then I yo-yoed tonight and had trouble eating the bread and cheese from an Amy's pizza (though it tasted so delicious) and local honey orange gelato with a pile of whipped cream from the can. I think, it tastes good but I don't want this coursing through my body. Even as I kid I once thought how do I taste this and not digest it? Thank God I never became bulimic nor anorexic.

I now am back in the yoga routine. I have my mat at the foot of the bed and I roll onto it every morning.  I got in front of the mirror today and did bird on a wire on one leg! Must be Jillian's squats or the hot yoga. Or bounding up the stairs.

So I dyed my hair black cherry and I think it's gorgeous. I really thought I wanted the dark chestnut or ombre celebrity look, but even sometimes celebs have hair faux pas. I thought I wanted a look so men would like me, but I am loving this dark purpleness. I see it on others and thought it looked cool but not for me, but it did something to my confidence. It looks amazing on short hair. I feel smoldering and sharp. It feels pretty awesome. Even my dad raved, and he's the hard to please one.

Along with the sweets, I have another plan to eliminate coffee. I have a cupboard-full of instant coffees, and it will probably last until 2013. So after I am done with that I also have a boat load of teas, and for black Friday I even got more 'beauty tea'. Oy black Friday. Killed me, but it was fun while it lasted. Holiday marketing keeps getting earlier. Not only do decorations pop up in the stores now on November 1, but this is the first year I've heard of "Pre-Black Friday" sales on Wednesday. What? I already have my "Early Cyber Monday" shopping done. Tomorrow just won't be as exciting. Well I'm out of dough for now so no biggie. I'm glad I have a new girlfriend to shop with but bit it's hard not to shop for yourself when you two go out! I got a hot oxblood number and my abs actually looked flat in it. She oohed and ahhed and it did make my boobs look amazing and it was 15% off if I donated a coat to charity so you know I just had to do it. This quit is all about self-esteem and thanks to hot yoga I looked pretty amazing, and my lower abs are zipping up. Aaaand the crazy purple-black hair looks incredible with oxblood.

The Antibuse is still keeping everything in check and quite frankly, I learned after my last relapse which really felt awful and not pleasurable, it's just not worth it. I'd rather feel good, and I saw Dr. Mehmet Oz say last week, if you change the universe inside your body it will change your outside universe.

Love,

SG

Three weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment