Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cyber mayhem

I think my Safari quit for the first time blogging because the internets must be busy due to Cyber Monday. Hmmm maybe. I was chatting about only eating when you are hungry and make sure you eat enough of the good stuff. I deprived myself for dinner at 6:00 eating a little kale salad, the top of an Amy's personal pizza, and the whipped cream on my gelato. By 9 I was ravenous so I had leftover mashers and a water with a splash O' cherry juice.


Topic #2: Did I tell you to appreciate what you have? I think I'm intelligent with finances then I substitute my bad vices with shopping. I admit all of my X-mas shopping is almost done and I had fun supporting local businesses. Then yesterday and today the evil emails poured in for "Pre-Cyber Monday" sales. This year they invented sales before the sales! What will they think of next. So I went a little crazy spending $25 here and $49 there and then the shock set in when I barely scraped by at the grocery store because of it! My eyes opened again when I got an email for 25% off my favorite eco-jewelery site. "Dammit!" I thought, then I remembered oh yeah I have plenty of lovely things from them. It's Melissa Joy Manning out of a California studio. I found them from Sara Snow's TV show and fell in love with their natural stones and recycled metals. I do support them so go shop for me and get a little something nice for the holidays. http://www.melissajoymanning.com. Also check out locals http://thecopperphoenix.com (the prices are insanely reasonable), http://www.tattooedtinker.com, JLB Designs which can be found at Maison boutique, and http://www.kathleencarricaburu.com. I also freaked because today online it's 10-point day on the Nordstrom site, but guess what, I don't need anything! I just felt the pressure to buy but now it's a relief knowing I won't. Those member cards are not healthy in all honesty. So I chilled and thought SG what happened to loving and wanting what you already have? Then you'd be able to afford gas this week. Well new game plan. Don't drive (well I have a little gas) I mean I am truly blessed. I went to the grocer's just in time to stock up on clean eating this week. I got goods for a tropical smoothie, micro-greens and herbage and romaine for salads and wraps, one avo, coconut yogurt, I still have nuts for paté, I have forbidden rice, shit loads of tea and coffee, lentils, garnet yams, garlic, cilantro, frozen acai packets, Emergen-C, Shakeology, seaweed snacks, snack bars, granola bites, almond milk...I think this is a great blessing in disguise. Now I can't go out and eat bad food. But I do have some ice cream, sugary iced-coffee instant evilness, and whip left. What's a girl to do? Hey, I ain't drinkin' and I ain't smokin'. Baby. Steps. Okay now I will read more recipes in Snyder's book.

I am also blessed to have two more weeks of Groupon hot yoga and DAY-YANG I have a Living Sosh deal for a vegan cafe. I'm loaded. I don't needs no moneys. Then I'll be in the green again literally on Thursday.

Love love love,

SG

One week and one day

No comments:

Post a Comment