Total Pageviews

Monday, November 26, 2012

HOLY GOOD SWEET PATATA!!!

Okay I can die now. Snyder's Basic Yams are anything but. Plus she has two other yam dishes I gotta try now after these. I used garnet yams and they were about 1 1/2 inches thick, so I cut them into rounds.

2 pounds organic yams cut in to 1 1/2 pieces
1 T coconut oil
1/8 t Celtic or Himalayan salt (I used Real Salt made right here in Salt Lake City)

That's it!!!

Pre-heat oven to 375. Lay yams on a baking sheet (I put them on parchment paper). Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Holy goo balls they get caramelly and some even charred that tasted EXACTLY like toasted marshmallows. I know, char=bad evil but I had to have a teensy bit of it. I spread the coconut oil over the tops while still hot and sprinkled on the salt. Apparently these will make you look beautiful! If so I'm having them every stinking night. Snyder recommends these for dinner preceded by the Sunday Salad or the Dharma's Kale Salad. Homework is done.

I was also inspired to use coconut oil as a lip balm and hair frizz-tamer. You know it's an excellent moisturizer. And now I'm smelling goooooood. Coconut oil smells a lot better than cigarette smoke and alcohol seeping through your pores, FYI.

Night,

SG

Day 23

No comments:

Post a Comment