Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Big Girl Pants


I'm moving up in the world. According to Quitnet I'm a "Toddler", which is someone who's quit smoking for 25 days. I coughed a bit this morning, which after 25 days seems pretty gross to me. But at least it's going out and not coming in. At least I'm not wheezing, or have a 'bark' sound when I cough anymore. www.quitnet.com is a free service, and I find to be an extremely helpful tool. If you want to quit smoking I highly recommend it. You don't need to give them your insurance card or blood sample or anything. It's confidential and not a pain in the ass.

As far as the sobriety part goes, I haven't had a big crave for about a week. However, I went on a non-stop crying binge for the last two days. I'm assuming this is normal. I think most people believe including myself that it's a part of dealing with your problems, instead of numbing them with alcohol. I'm back to getting stuff done today. I've just been a vegetable the last two days and maybe that was necessary.

I thought I'd get my appetite back. Don't get me wrong because at night I'm ravenous, but lately my body can handle only a little bit of food at a time. I had a home made cold-pressed iced coffee (Cafe Ibis, gotta keep it local) and Tree Hugger granola from The Canyons farmer's market with orange slices. I ate only 1/2 of it. I'm going to hit the treadmill. Then I got another birthday coupon! It's $5 off of Cactus and Tropicals. Sign up for free VIPs and newsletters, and my friends during your birthday month they throw down the freebies! I'm also picking up an order from Nutty Guys from a Groupon. This site is addicting!!! www.groupon.com. Maybe that's why I'm not so hungry lately, besides Groupons to restaurants, I've developed a serious spiced nut addiction, in addition to the Arnold Palmers. Trying to recreate bar nuts and sweet and sour drinks perhaps? Cigarettes and wine?

Hmmmmmmmm...

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment